Are you looking to start a blog in the upcoming year, but are unsure where to start? No worries, I was right there with you not long ago. I have been talking about starting a blog for years and as a digital marketer, I knew I wanted to set up everything just right. This meant taking time to set it up, time I never seemed to set aside – until now.
Before you can start building your blog, you’ll need to select the right hosting provider. This is an essential first step to building and creating content for your future readers. With so many options on the market, it’s important that you select the best one for your blog. Before I set up my blog, I spent countless hours researching providers on the market before I decided to go with SiteGround. If you’re interested in comparing many blog options, you can read my review here.
SiteGround Hosting Benefits Overview
So why did I select SiteGround? They are one of the three preferred WordPress providers and are known for their top-notch support. So far, I am very happy with my decision to work with SiteGround and have no complaints about thier service. The platform is easy to use and setting up my WordPress site and installing my theme was a breeze.
While researching hosting providers, I had an opportunity to speak with a couple of SiteGround’s customer service representatives, and I was impressed. They were both extremely knowledgeable and were able to answer my technical questions. Below are some additional benefits of using SiteGround as your hosting provider for your WordPress blog:
- Officially Recommended by WordPress
- 1-Click WordPress Installs: Yes, get online in minutes!
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Uptime: 99.99% of the time.
- Support: 24/7 support
- Site Migration from Another Hosting Provider: NO hassle or costs, SiteGround does it all
- Faster and Safer Website
- Page Load Time: Siteground prides themselves on fast sites and have servers on 3 continents.
- SSL Certificate: Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificates for all plans + Premium WildCard SSL Certificate Options
- Latest Technologies Available: Caching, GIT integration, staging, PHP versions and more Top platform to rest on: Linux containers, SSD drives
SiteGround WordPress Hosting Options
When it comes to selecting your hosting plan, SiteGround has 3 tiers to select from to suit your blog’s needs:
- Grow Big
- Go Geek
StartUp Hosting Plan
This plan is perfect for a blogger who is just starting out. It’s an affordable, yet secure option for your blog, website or smaller online shops. This plan can accommodate up to 10,000 unique visits per month or on a regular basis.
cPanel & SSH Access
Free Setup & Transfer
24/7 Technical Support
Free Daily Backup
30 Days Money Back
Unlimited Email Accounts & DBs
Free Let’s Encrypt SSL
Free Cloudflare CDN
Grow Big Hosting Plan
In addition to the basic hosting benefits with SiteGround, the GrowBig plan adds a few more premium features and is set up to accommodate larger sites. With this plan, you can host a heavy-trafficked website or host multiple average-sized sites on one account at no additional cost. (Great deal!) Here’s an overview of GrowBig’s premium features:
- Host unlimited websites in one account
- Premium speed options with SuperCacher
- Peace of mind with 30 system backups and 1-click Restore Tool
GoGeek Hosting Plan
Does your website receive a lot of traffic and/or do you need a number of resource options? Then, this plan is for you! This plan hosts websites on unique instances – which means that you have more server resources, since there are fewer users per installed instance. Here’s an overview of GoGeek’s premium features:
- More Power per User: On our GoGeek machines resources are shared among fewer users.
- Server PCI Compliance
- One-click staging for WordPress and Joomla and pre-installed Git
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or send me a note here.
*This post contains affiliate links.