I’ve made the rookie mistake of burning myself with a curling wand one too many times. I own both a curling wand and normal curling irons, but I’ve found it’s easier for me to use a standard curling iron to get the same look. I have been using this technique for years and have adapted the curling method from one that I learned in cosmetology school.
How to Curl Your Hair & Get Curling Wand Curls (Without the Curling Wand!)
- Step 1: Clip your hair up
- Step 2: Take a section of hair and curl it with the curling iron
- Step 3: Clip the hair and continue to rotate and move the curling iron down the hair strands
- Optional: After removing the hair from the curling iron, hold the curl while it cools to help set the curl. Once it cools, release and move onto curling the next piece of hair.
- Step 4: After you curl the first layer of hair, let your curls be as you continue to curl the rest of your hair. Do not brush out your curls or run your fingers through the curls
- Step 5: Repeat step 3 until all of your hair is curled
- Step 6: Run your fingers through your hair to loosen the curls
- Step 7: Turn your head upside down and continue to run your fingers through your curls. If you desire to have curls that are looser, you can brush through your hair instead of running your fingers through your hair.
- Step 8: (Optional) Add curled Luxy Hair Extensions to add additional volume to your curls. Read my review on Luxy Hair extensions here.
- Step 9: Add your favorite texturizing spray to add additional texture to your hair.
- Step 10: Finish your look by spraying your favorite hairspray to hold the look.