So you’re finally ready to take the plunge into the world of the curly girl method: swearing off heating tools, silicone and sulfates, and terry cloth towels. If you’re anything like me, you’ve done your research (or are trying to) to find the best affordable products. I read articles, watched countless YouTube videos and talked to fellow curly girls to try and crack the code on the best curly girl products. Like with anything else, everyone has an opinion, and all curly hair responds a little bit differently than their favorite YouTuber’s recommendation.
When I first started the curly girl method, I wanted to try out products that would truly transform my curls, but I didn’t want to spend a small fortune testing out new products. With how I go through products, I couldn’t imagine spending hundreds of dollars on hair care products every month or every other month. Can you relate? Thankfully, there are plenty of budget-friendly AND curly girl method approved products at the drugstore!
Listed below are brands and products that you can find at Target, Walmart, Ulta, Drugstore and Amazon.
- Availability will vary depending on your local store’s inventory.
- Make sure to double check the ingredients before you buy. At the time of writing this post, the products below didn’t include sulfates and silicones. (I list common sultates and silicones in this blog post)
Not Your Mother’s Curly Hair Products
Hask Curly Hair Products
Maui Curly Hair Products
LA Looks Gel for Curly Hair
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Products
Suave Curly Hair Products
Did we leave out your Holy Grail product? Share your drugstore finds below!
Are you interested in learning more about the Curly Girl Method and my journey? Check out my blog posts below.
- What is the Curly Girl Method?
- I Tried the Curly Girl Method – Did it Work for Me?
- Why I Stopped Following the Curly Girl Method
*This post contains affiliate links.