I don’t know about you, but I love my makeup brushes! I use my brushes every day to help conceal, brighten, flush, and add color to my look. Since I’ve started using brushes, they’ve helped enhance my overall makeup look, and I now can no longer imagine a time before using them.
But there is one part of my beauty routine, that is not my favorite, but is important. Want to guess? That’s right, cleaning my makeup brushes.
Why Should You Clean Your Makeup Brushes
- Clean bushes have little to no product on them, which helps to create a flawless application
- Clean brushes are bacteria-free, which will help keep your skin cleaner and clearer
- Clean brushes help your makeup brushes last longer
How Often Should You Clean Your Makeup Brushes & Beauty Sponges
Concealer, Foundation, and Liquid Brushes and Makeup Sponges
You’ll want to clean the brushes you use every day, at least once a week. These include your concealer, foundation, and bronzer/blush brushes since this product builds up quickly.
- I like to clean my makeup brushes on Saturday or Sunday night, that way they’re ready for the upcoming week!
Eye Shadow Brushes
Brushes that you don’t use on an everyday basis can be cleaned twice a month.
- I usually clean mine with my main face brushes since they’re small and quick to clean.
When is it Time to Replace Your Makeup Brushes
Don’t worry – you don’t have to throw out your make up brushes, just yet. Unlike makeup products, your makeup brushes can last for years if you take care of them.
So – when should you throw them out? A good rule of thumb is to get rid of them once they start to shed and lose their shape.
Brushes can make a huge difference in your makeup routine. If you haven’t been cleaning yours as often as you should, the best time to start is now! Want to learn how to clean your makeup brushes? Come back later this week to read my next blog post.