Summer has officially started, and with temperatures on the rise, I wanted to share some of my outfits from my summer capsule wardrobe. I’m sharing this post a little bit later than intended since I’m still getting used to my new COVID schedule, and I’ve had a lot of projects to work on lately and am way behind on my blog schedule.
I work from home, so I’m used to getting ready and walking in my office, but with COVID, I’m home even more, and it’s easy to get into a routine of not getting ready. So I’m excited to share with you some simple outfits to hopefully inspire you to mix up your wardrobe and get more use out of your loved pieces!
Why Should you Create a Capsule Wardrobe?
- Helps to reduce the amount of money you spend on clothes
- Reduces the amount of time it takes to get ready every day
- I no longer buy or make clothes I rarely wear
- I feel more confident knowing that what I’m wearing works well for my body and fits my style!
How Do I Choose Which Piece I put in My Capsule Wardrobe?
The key to choosing which pieces fit best into your capsule wardrobe is to select pieces that can be worn in a variety of ways.
You’ll also want to select pieces that fit into the color scheme you’ve set for the summer. (link to post here) The colors should complement each other, but don’t have to be neutral – feel free to mix in bright colors! Honestly, choose whatever you want, but make sure to pick colors that go well together because this will help you give you the most outfit options!
For my capsule, I’ve selected the following colors. You can learn more about my color selection here.
- Blush Pink
- Light Blue
- Deep Blue Teal
- Sea-foam Green
What Did I Include in My Summer Capsule Wardrobe?
Included in each of my seasonal wardrobes are both store-bought and handmade pieces.
- White and Navy Bodysuit
- Scalloped Wrap Top:
- Striped Puffed Sleeve Top from Loft
- Coral Sweater
- Floral Shirt from Loft (No Longer Available)
- Floral Tank Top:
- Pattern Details: Misty Cami by Sew Altered Style
- Wrap Dress:
- Pattern Details: Wedgwood Skirt by Straight Stitch Designs
- Chambray Dress:
- Blue Shorts
- Floral Shorts
- Pattern Details: Chi-Town Chino by Alina Sewing + Design Co.
- Pink Pants
- High-Waisted Jeans/Jeggings by American Eagle
- Jeans Jacket (Old from Target)
- Cream Cardigan
Shoes (Not Included in My Count)
- White Tennis Shoes
- Espadrille Ankle Strap Sandals or Microsuede Flatform Espadrilles
- Women’s Faux Leather Slide Sandal from Target
I have a few more pieces in my capsule, but in this post, I’m showing you 16 of the pieces I’ve included! Want to see more of my capsule wardrobe creations? Follow me over on Instagram.
*This post contains affiliate links.