Products I Use to Curl My Hair
- Clarifying shampoo – 1 x per month
- Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner
- Leave in Conditioner
- Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel
- Gel + Curl Cream (OR just Gel)
- Hairspray (Optional)
10 Easy Steps to Styling Your Curly Hair
- Step 1: Lo-Poo or Co-Wash My Hair
- Step 2: Apply a sulfate free conditioner to the ends of my hair and let it soak
- Step 3: Turn the water down to cold and flip your head upside down. Next, rinse your hair in cold water to seal this hair cuticle. (This will help reduce frizz.) As you rinse your hair, begin to scrunch your hair to activate the curls.
- Step 4: Apply leave-in conditioner before I get out of the shower. (I also scrunch the product into my hair)
- Step 5: Apply the Climate Control Gel or Curl activating gel
- Step 6: Scrunch in two large handfuls of gel into your hair
- Step 7: Use a large t-shirt and hair plop your hair on top of your head. I sleep with this
- Step 8: Next, diffuse your hair on a low setting until your hair is completely dry
- Step 9: Once your hair is dry it might have a gel cast and look crunchy. To remove this layer, carefully scrunch your hair with your hands, a t-shirt or a microfiber towel.
- Step 10: Next, flip over your head and place your hands between your curls near your scalp. Shake out your curls to add additional volume (do not comb through your curls). Lock your curls in place by spraying hairspray on your hair.
I love how I can consistently get the curls I want when I style my hair this way. If you have any tips or suggestions for curly hair – let me know in the comments below!