Over the past year, I’ve jumped into the Indie Sewing space, and as a result, my sewing pattern collection has grown (a lot). One of the things that I love about purchasing from Indie pattern companies is that their patterns are easy to follow and provide their instructions provide details for each step.
Recently, I had the honor of testing Sew Altered Style’s first pattern, the Misty Cami / Dress. Let me tell you, this pattern didn’t disappoint! Katie and Mac, the owners of Sew Altered Style, spent a ton of time developing this pattern, and it shows! Right before the launch of the pattern, Kate and Mac worked with over 40 sewists to help test this pattern. During the test phase, they wanted to make sure the instructions were clear, easy to follow, and that the pattern can be sewn in a wide range of sizes. (Want to see photos from the other testers? View the blog post here.)
This misty cami pattern is simple, versatile, and flattering. The cami for this dress is a great pattern to use as a stash buster! (Yay! I love finding projects to help reduce my fabric stash!)
Misty Cami Pattern Details
- Views: The Misty Top/Dress has a deep V-neck with multiple strap options. The top can be made into a dress or a top.
- Sizes: 0-30
- Cup Options: A/B & C/D Cup (32″ – 58.5″)
- Fabric Yardage: 1-2 yards (cami), 2-3 yards (dress)
- Fabric Types: lightweight woven fabrics such as rayon challis, rayon crepe, Tencel, viscose, silk, and linen.
What Fabric Did I Use?
- Black Floral Dress: Pindot Stretch Chiffon from JoAnn Fabrics (1638-5544)
- Crimson Red Dress: Textured Stretch Crepe from JoAnn Fabrics (1605-2946)
Misty Cami / Dress Instructions
The instructions were detailed and easy to follow. Throughout the pattern, they provided details and tips to help you work through each of the steps. (Including how to adjust the pattern to do a bust adjustment)
How is the Fit of the Misty Cami / Dress?
I purchased my fabric from my local JoAnn fabrics and through it in the wash right when I got home so I could begin sewing up the dress!
While sewing the dress and reading the instructions, I thought I was going to like the fit but didn’t realize how much I was going to love it until I put on the final dress! Man, did I love how it looked on! The dress was figure-flattering, and the optional tie waist draws attention to the smallest part of your body.
- Size Sewn: 6 top, graded down to a 2 bottom
- High bust: 33
- Bust: 36
- Waist: 27.5
- Hip: 36
- Alterations: Shortened the straps by 2 inches. (After wearing the dress a few times, I may take the straps in some more) I also graded the bottom to a size 2.
Would I Make The Misty Cami Pattern Again?
Yes! Almost immediately after I finished my first dress, I went back to JoAnn’s to buy more fabric! And if I’m being honest, I have already picked up remnant fabric to sew a hack for the cami! Are you interested in seeing a tutorial on the hack? Let me know in the comments below.
Get the Misty for 20% now through August 4, 2019, using the code MISTY20. The code expires at 11:59 p.m. CDT on August 4, 2019, so don’t wait!
*This post contains affiliate links. I also received a complimentary pattern to test before the launch. As always, the opinions in this post are my own.